Advertising to children?

4 posters

Go down

Advertising to children? Empty Advertising to children?

Post by Nebulous Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:41 am

The advertising industry spends $12 billion per year on ads targeted to children, bombarding young audiences with persuasive messages through media such as television and the Internet. The average child is exposed to more than 40,000 TV commercials a year, according to studies.

How do you feel about this?
Nebulous
Nebulous
Friend of FS

FS - Cash : 38

https://offtopix.com/

Advertising to children? Empty Re: Advertising to children?

Post by Shortie Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:36 pm

As much as I dislike how advertisements are pushed towards children, especially for things such as toys and even video games and consoles, it will always happen as it is a good business strategy for companies to be able to make a profit when people buy.

It's unfortunate though as there are also parents that are not able to afford a lot of what has been advertised and when the children see the advertisements, they tend to want and that can leave the parents in a tough spot if they are not able to afford something the child may have seen.
Shortie
Shortie
Friend of FS

FS - Cash : 78

Post by Nebulous Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:29 am

I don't care how much advertising was fed to my kid. When I said no, that was the final answer.
Nebulous
Nebulous
Friend of FS

FS - Cash : 38

https://offtopix.com/

Post by Uncrowned Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:27 pm

I don't like it, but I see no way around it. Toys are a huge market and unless parents want to play fortunes for ad-free TV channels and such, I don't see an alternative.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Friend of FS

FS - Cash : 70

Post by Nomad Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:11 pm

I am against showing ads to kids. I think all the shows and programs targeted toward kids should not have any kind of ads. However, these ads should be shown to parents so that they can make informed decision on whether these products are good for thjeir kids or not.
Nomad
Nomad
Friend of FS

FS - Cash : 70

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content